Monday, July 18, 2011

Motivation

As you can see, just over a year apart, not 3 weeks like the commercials.  Seeing the change is a big motivator.  When I first started trying to lose weight, I had problems with plateaus, losing 10lbs then stopping, thinking It wasn't going to happen, I mean my whole family is heavier, so it would seem destined, right ? Well as much as I was trying to force this upon myself, something inside me kept pushing me to change. I knew I could do it, although I had my doubts at times. Now I know that I don't have a 12 pack or anything like that.. but that's not the point. The point is being healthy, being able to function better. I remember going up two flights of stairs and I was winded for 10 minutes. I remember not being able to do 5 pushups.  And I'm here to say there is no "magic pill" ( believe me, if there was I would've found it. )  The magic is putting in the time and effort to change yourself for the better. I was 240lbs on the photo to the right, I'm about 170lbs now.  Change takes time, you will get out what you put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment