Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reading complete!

          So I finally got through the "5/3/1 for Power lifting: Simple and Effective Training for Maximal Strength" and I must say that I really enjoyed it. There is A LOT of good information in it, and it's refreshing to read something that is so straightforward. It's clear that he's not going to hold your hand, or coddle the sensitive. There have been quite a few exercises that I've discovered from this book, like the Cuban Press, that look pretty fun.  This book doesn't really cover nutrition ( there's about a page or so) which to me is great! A lot of routine writers will have so much on nutrition it takes away from the details in the workouts. Don't get me wrong, nutrition is key in any kind of weight training (and being alive) but save it for nutrition books! 

             I've been deloading the past week just so I can have a fresh start to this routine. I'll be starting it tomorrow morning, I'll get some before pics and I will be graphing out the weights that I'm using so I can post my gains. I'm ready to move these weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment